Here are some great LED headboard lighting ideas for your bedroom. These custom headboards have LED mood lighting that has been added for an amazing effect! Some of the examples below are DIY and some are store bought. Adding an LED light kit to your existing bedroom headboard can be a great option too! Have a look at the awesome headboard ideas below to make your bedroom comfy and relaxing!
Your bedroom should be your safe haven – a place for you to relax, unwind and get a great night’s sleep. Sometimes that means a new mattress and sometimes, it just comes down to having a great headboard. Instead of heading out to the furniture store to buy a new headboard, you can make one yourself.
Mood lights always help to create romantic ambiance in a bedroom. That’s why it’s a good idea to put them into a headboard. You can make it as large as you want and paint to match your decor.
The process is quite simple. Build a simple wood frame from 2x4s, and add crossbeams. Drill small holes to put cords through in the bottom of each opening. Paint your frame and screw to the wall. Fill each space with lights and connect all cords. Cut translucent panels from polycarbonate sheet and fix to the frame with screws. Enjoy your new even more romantic nest!
Headboards can be expensive and take up a lot of space. If you are looking for a stylish, cost effective way to accentuate your bed, then a light up curtain headboard may be the perfect choice. You can create a light up headboard in under an hour with just a few items from a department store.
Whether you’re in a cosy attic space or a master bedroom with high ceilings, forget bedside lamps and introduce some glow. A swag of fairy lights adds decorative detail and they come in many forms, including childrens lights for the little ones. Festoon lights are a design feature by day, elegant lighting at night. Hang them vertically on walls or drape from ceilings, their perspex bulbs are super lightweight. Choose warm white lights for soft tones and cosy evenings are ahead. From minimal white to opulent dark palettes, simply contrast your theme using light or dark cables on your lights.
DIY Headboard Ideas You’ll Love
- EasyDIY Shutter Headboard:If you are looking for an antique and new-age headboard that ischic, this is the apt choice. Collect old door partition either from a garage sale nearby or checkout in your attic, if you have some. Re-paint the old shabby door in a color that matches well with the wall behind the bed. Contrast coloring would be attractive.
- Repurposed Room Divider Headboard: If you have your old room divider lying waste in your attic, put it to use. Repurpose it to prepare homemade bed headboard, in case the shutter headboard is not your choice. Re-vamp the room divider with attractive color.
- Rustic Headboard:Rustic style home decorations are trending. Why not have a cool DIY rustic headboardwith Burlap headboard décor? You can also use pallet wood or reclaimed doors for the same. Add a Boho-chic light scone fixture above the headboard to complete the look.
- Fabric Headboard:You can use pastel colors like beige, soft milk, lemon yellow, etc. to make aneasy DIY headboard from fabric.
- DIY Herringbone Headboard:This is a pattern made up of rows of parallel lines which in any two adjacent rows slope in opposite directions.If you have pieces of old wood or wish to put reclaimed wood to use, make a herringbone pattern which is cheap and easy.
- DIY Reclaimed Door Headboard: Cut the door to the size of your bed, remove the old paint and re-paint the door matching the color of your bed. Check the gallery for inspiration.